Carnival #8: Authority
It seems like most folks want a broader topic for the carnival, so I am opening up March’s carnival with the topic of authority. You can take this as a jumping off point to talk about
- The authority of the church or scriptures–how they get (or don’t have) authority over us
- The authority of your conscience, reason, etc.
- The authority of the state (perhaps in connection with your conscience)
- Whether you think of “authority” as a negative or a positive, and your experiences with it.
- These are all just ideas. Take it and run with it, people!
Again, I’m opening up calls for hosts. Ideally, I’d like to get some of the UU Blog Award winners to host. So if you’re interested, leave a comment or email. I might call on people individually if I don’t get responses, so be prepared for me to knock on your virtual door!
Curious how to send carnival submissions? Click on the big link at the right that says “submissions.” I am aiming to have the carnival online Friday, March 2, so you have 11 days to work on some posts!